Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Chapter 1.9 - A whirlwind courtship...

A whirlwind courtship...
    Warning: Language

 Mackenzie slept like a baby in his arms.
The morning light was already streaming through the window.  She rolled over and tickled Breandan's nose.  "Time to wake up sleepy head."

Breandan reached for her and pulled her closer. "No," he said, attempting to burrow deeper under the covers. "I would rather stay here."

Mackenzie laughed. "Well, I think work might take exception to us both lounging in bed all day!" she teased, ducking under his arm and hopping out of bed.
Breandan jumped from the bed with lightening fast speed and grabbed her against him.  "Mackenzie, last night was amazing," he told her.  "I never thought that I could feel this way about someone..."

Mackenzie's heart fluttered. "Are you trying to tell me that you like me," she teased.
Breandan shook his head.  "Mackenzie. You're like a breath of fresh air in my life. I lo..." he stopped abruptly, not finishing his sentence. 
He loves me? she wondered, feeling euphoric.  "You? What?" she pressed.  She wanted to hear the words from his mouth!

"Move in with me, Mackenzie! We get a long so great! I hate you living here in this ramshackle home.  Come stay with me and let me take care of you! I have plenty of space!"

Mackenzie didn't stop to think, she just responded.  "Yes!" she cried out, leaping into his arms.

Breandan held her tightly against him and squeezed his eyes shut.
"Oh! I'm so excited! I can't wait to tell Mason!" she said. "Come on, let's get to work!"

Her enthusiasm was contagious, Breandan smiled as he watched her. "I love you," he whispered quietly.

***

"Are you sure you made the right choice?" Mason asked her as he stepped up behind her.

Mackenzie barely glanced back.  "Of course.  I love him," she answered honestly.

Mason winced at the bald truth.  "Has he told you that he returns your love?" he asked.

Shrugging, she refused to admit that she was more bothered by that fact that he hadn't told her that he loved her.  "I don't need the words. He shows me in actions."

He sighed heavily. "Then I won't say another word about it!" he declared righteously.

Mackenzie laughed as she shook her head.  "Yes you will!" she teased.
Mason grumbled under his breath as Mackenzie put on her officer's hat.  "So, how do I look?" she asked.

"Like a  Dragon Valley traffic garda," he said, proudly adding, "Partner."

She grinned. "I do, don't I?" she asked with a laugh.  "I never would've thought I would be a police officer! Where I came from I was just a waitress..." she trailed off.  It always felt awkward to talk about what she thought of as her previous life. 

"Mason frowned.  He knew how it bugged her whenever she mentioned where she had come from. "Are you ready for your first assignment?" he asked, attempting to distract her. 

"Absolutely!" she said excitedly, a smile coming to her face again.  "So ready!"

"We had a call for a missing persons down at the park.  Nora Lawless said that she couldn't find her friend Sondra... I'm not really sure, she got cut off."
"Don't worry about a thing. I've got this!" she said proudly as she jogged down to the park.
Mackenzie saw the girl across the park from her and hurried over to her.  This would be the first time she questioned someone.
"Hello, miss. You called for the garda?"

"Um, yes, ma'am," Nora answered politely.  
"Do you want to tell me what's wrong?" she offered when the girl remained quiet.
Nora remained stubbornly quiet, glancing down at her feet.  "I... I'm sorry. I was expecting Recruit Sackholme," she said, obviously uncomfortable admitting to that.

"Ah. Disappointed?" Mackenzie said with a straight-face.

The young girl blushed, embarrassed that her crush had been discovered.

"Well, I know I'm not as pretty as Recruit Sackholme, but perhaps I can help you find your friend?" she said, leveling the teenager with a serious look.  "There is a missing friend, isn't there?"  She was starting to get annoyed with the teeny-bopper.
"Oh yes!" Nora assured her.  "I can't find Sondra anywhere! And I've looked!"

Mackenzie pulled out her pad and started taking notes as she questioned Nora.  "When did you last see her?"

"Oh, just earlier this afternoon. It's not like her to disappear like this!" Nora said worriedly.

"Okay, and where was she?"

Nora answered quickly, "We were here together. Then she just disappeared!"
Mackenzie glanced up sharply, trying to figure out if the girl was playing with her. "Oh yeah? She just disappeared? Into thin air?" she asked.

"Well, no. She just ran off and I didn't see where she went!"

Mackenzie sighed. "Okay, so what does she look like."

"She's white, with pointed ears," Nora began describing Sondra.
 Mackenzie glanced behind Nora and gritted her teeth. "Could she be sleeping right behind you?"
Nora turned around and clapped with delight. "Oh! You found her! You naughty kitty!"

Mackenzie rolled her eyes.  "The next time, you might start with the fact that Sondra is a cat."

***

"You pull weights like a weakling!" Kearney taunted his brother and he lifted another rep.  The brothers often worked out together, trading barbs as they attempted to best each other.

Breandan felt the burn in his muscles as he pumped the bars again.  "Oh yeah? Well you stink like an ogre when you work out!"

"I do not!" Kearney protested.

Breandan lifted the weights again. "That's what they say in the locker room!"
Kearney was not going to stop before his brother stopped.  "I'm surprised you can even lift the weights with all the time you've been spending with Mackenzie," he taunted.

Breandan's weights crashed to the floor with a loud bang.  "Plumbbob! Mackenzie!"
He quickly ran to the restroom to sponge himself off quickly and check himself out in the mirror.  How could he have forgotten Mackenzie!
"I'm sorry I took so long," Breandan apologized as he walked up the walkway.

Mackenzie slouched against his porch. "No problem. I just raked some leaves while I waited. You know, it's not like I had anything better to do!" she snapped. "Dammit, Breandan! I've been waiting for you over an hour!"

"I know. I am so sorry, Mackenzie," he said, attempting to soothe her.  "I started working out with my brother and lost track of the time. We're a little competitive," he admitted with embarrassment.

Mackenzie jerked to her feet. "I'm going home!" she announced plaintively. 

"No!" Breandan cried out, stepping in her path. "This is your new home. Please.  Let me show you around."

Mackenzie looked back up the fortress that he called home.  It was certainly large enough, she thought caustically.  It's probably barren and austere.  Guys never thought about decorating.  She remembered how Remmy hadn't even thought about getting furniture for his place!
He led her inside.  "So this is it!" he proclaimed proudly when he ushered her inside, taking her silence as acquiescence.
Her mouth dropped open.  Mackenzie was stunned by the lavishness before her.  "Oh... my... God..." she wheezed.

Breandan grabbed her hand and towed her behind him.  "Let me take you on a tour!" Quickly, he dragged her through each of the rooms, giving her only a glimpse of his wealth.
"The parlor..."
      "The kitchen..."
             "The training room..."
                     "Our strategy corner..."  (it's a chess set, the picture was a little dark)
                             "And then our bedroom..."
Mackenzie was feeling a little overwhelmed from the whirlwind tour.  He lived like a king!  But he hadn't seemed to mind the bare spending time at her bare home.

"Well? What do you think?" he asked, anxious to hear whether she'd stay.

Looking around the room, she drawled, "Well, you certainly do have enough room, don't you?"
At the hint of humor, Breandan felt his gut unclench.  "Does this mean you're not mad? You forgive me?" he asked, pulling her into his arms.
"I can't stay mad at you," Mackenzie told him as she let herself be pulled into his embrace.  "Whenever I'm around you I just want to date you and kiss you.  You make my mind mush," she complained.
"I can help you with that," he promised, pulling her belt off and dropping it on the dresser behind them.

Mackenzie started tugging at his tunic.  "Oh, believe me, I'm counting on it!" she teased.

Wishes Completed:
Mackenzie- Question Someone, Question Nora, Jog, Rake Leaves, Go on Date with Breandan, Makeout with Breandan
Breandan- Get Pumped, Fatigued Workout, Check Out Self
Kearney- Get Pumped, Fatigued Workout, Strength Training, Buy Something $100 (chess table & chairs), Improve Athletic


Wishes Pending:
 Mackenzie- Get Married
Breandan- Be Friends with Dermot (partner), Join Special Agent branch
Kearney- Invite Someone Over

AN- YAY! Breandan & Mackenzie woke up and Breandan walked straight to her and asked her to come live with him!  I couldn't believe it!! She must have really impressed him last night!  Once she moved in, both Kearney and Breandan's wishes revolved around exercise, so I sent them to the Practice Pit to work out... forever.  Good thing Mackenzie found something to do to occupy her time!

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome that Breandan invited Mackenzie to move in! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited! Yay! And it was just so perfect that it was right after they woke up in the morning after some leaf woo-hoo! Lol.

      And I was psyched because this has never happened to me before! I'm usually so controlling in the game that I bend the townies to my will!! Lol. What? Give the townies a chance to do something on their own? Never!

      Delete
  2. Whoa, what luck! It's so cool that he asked her to move in and now Mackenzie gets to live in a mansion instead of a shack :D

    ReplyDelete